Give As You Earn
If you earn a salary or if your pension is paid via PAYE then you can make a regular commitment to the Tall Ships Youth Trust via Give as You Earn (GAYE) – it’s the UK’s largest payroll giving scheme and a great way of giving to the Trust.
With GAYE you can give directly from your pre-tax salary, so money that would normally go to the taxman goes to the Trust instead. All you have to do is decide how much you would like to give each month.
If you have any questions once you’ve read the information below, ring Carol at our Head Office on 023 9283 2055
What Are The Benefits To You?
You benefit because you don’t pay any tax on the donations you make. If you’re a basic rate taxpayer, a gift of £6.41 only actually costs you £5 – so you can pass the tax relief on to us. (See the Charities Aid Foundation website at www.cafonline.org for more information).
What Are The Benefits For My Company?
By offering GAYE to its employees a company proves that it’s a responsible employer – it’s good for the company’s reputation and also makes the employees feel good about working for that company!
Many companies also contribute to their employees’ donations by:
- Paying the administration fee, or/and
- Matching what their employees give pound for pound, (this can be capped with an annual limit.)
How Do I Give?
Contact your payroll office to fill in a form. If your company isn’t already part of the GAYE scheme, see below.
How Does My Company Join?
You can call the Charities Aid Foundation GAYE help line on 01732 520 019 or click here to see if you are already registered If you’re not it’s very easy to set up and registration is free.
- Request the forms online or from the GAYE helpline.
- Ask your payroll department to complete them and return them to CAF.
- CAF will register your company with HM Revenue and Customs and send you information on how to run the scheme and promote it to the rest of your employees.