We work with a variety of Groups including both Young People and Adults. Click on the links to the left to find out more or email email@example.com or call 023 9283 2055 for more information.
Why Sail Training?
Sailing is all about team work. If you’re looking to get your group members working together or to simply realise their skills within a team environment, sailing is a great way to achieve this.
Sailing requires excellent communication between all the crew in order to complete various tasks successfully. Whether it’s hoisting a sail together or notifying fellow crew members of a boat on the horizon, communication is key, and Young People will quickly learn to appreciate this whilst on board
Sailing can bring out new skills and qualities in Young People that perhaps they never realised they had! Going sailing can boost confidence and open up new paths for career progression. We will always work towards people’s strengths not their weaknesses.
Break Down Barriers
By removing Young People from their normal environment and making them a valued member of the vessel’s crew, a new found respect for discipline and order is often attained whilst sailing – something that can sometimes be difficult to gain in a classroom!
Our Approach and Goals
We encourage the Voyage Crew and all who work on the vessels in their approach towards common and individual goals:
- To provide the best possible safe and exciting residential learning environment so that each Voyage Crew member realises his/her full potential
- To enhance the self esteem of Voyage Crew by creating opportunities for success
- To give Voyage Crew respect and show them that they are valued
- To give all Voyage Crew access to a nationally accredited training/sailing course in ways appropriate to their ability and age
- To encourage independent living skills, work base skills and community skills through sail training in a unique residential environment
- To give Voyage Crew the opportunity to make choices
- To encourage lifelong learning