CC019 – Spice Island Caribbean Adventure – 10 nights
Start Date: 27/01/2019
Vessel: Challenger Yachts
Start Port: Grenada
End Port: Grenada
Grade: 3 – no sailing experience needed
Beat the January blues, by seeing out the month in sunnier climes, on board our 72ft Challenger Yacht in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean all whilst helping a good cause – proceeds from our Caribbean voyages help get disadvantaged young people on board in the UK for sail training.
Climbing aboard in Grenada at the southernmost tip of the Caribbean, you’ll spend the first evening on board settling in, getting to know your fellow voyagers and learning how to safely sail this stunning vessel, as part of its working crew. Remember this is an adventure, you’ll be helping sail this stunning yacht from island to island whilst also getting the chance to relax and enjoy the magic of the Caribbean. A crew dinner will help kick off the conversation before you spend 10 nights on board sailing North on the Caribbean Sea to take in the beauty of the other Caribbean Islands, stopping off in various bays and harbours on the way to explore, before heading back south to Grenada.
Whilst much of the voyages itinerary is weather dependent, based on where the wind will take you, your ideas are welcome, in terms of where you would like to sail. Likewise if there are any bucket list items you would like to tick off please share with your skipper. There are a number of key activities that you can expect to partake in whilst on board, if you wish.
– Watch keeping (you will be grouped into watches when you first board the yacht) and Night watches – night watches have been known to provide some interesting spectacles from; stunning sunsets & sunrises to shooting stars and meteor showers in the clear skies free from light pollution
– Snorkelling whilst at anchor
– Land based exploring
– Evening and possible overnight sailing
– Caribbean cooking nights on board using local produce
Three Interesting Facts about Grenada
– The people of Grenada are called Grenadians
– Grenada is home to numerous nutmeg plantations that fill the air with a sweetly spiced aroma, it is also known as the ‘Island of Spice’
– Grenada is home of the world’s first underwater sculpture park. The sculptures are developed with concrete and rebar, and are placed naturally without affecting the natural reef and the lives of its inhabitants. You can visit the website of the sculpture park here (http://grenadaunderwatersculpture.com/ ) Weather dependent you may even get a chance to snorkel over some of the statues
- Port and fuel surcharges – £ Included
(in addition to the price of the voyage)
To book a Sailing Voyage you will need the Crew's personal, next of kin, medical, passport (if applicable) and payment details to hand. Payments are secure and quick.
Sailing Voyage prices include accommodation, meals, tea, coffee, squash and snacks whilst onboard, safety equipment, waterproofs and sail training. They do not include flights, organised excursions, meals ashore, transport to/from the vessel, departure tax, optional extras and surcharges.