The development of young people is central to everything we do and we are proud of our excellent reputation for providing good quality services to young people.
All of our vessels are operated to the same high standards eg the same safeguarding and child protection policy, code of conduct, drug and alcohol policy; the same rigorous recruitment and screening of prospective volunteers.
Sailing as part of a Tall Ships crew makes for a participative and empowering experience and our fleet provides a unique, physically and mentally challenging residential setting in which young people can explore their true potential.
- Increased self esteem and self confidence
- Healthier, more active lifestyle
- Improved life skills
- Improved citizenship skills
“Sailing on Stavros has given me more confidence and belief in myself” – Alex (16)
Making a Difference
Externally validated, statistical evaluations of outcomes provide empirical evidence of improvements in life skills:
- Over 95% enjoyed the voyage and had fun
- Over 95% experienced increased confidence
- Over 90% were better team players
- Over 85% gained life experience
- Over 80% were better communicators
- Over 75% developed greater self-reliance
- Over 70% improved their problem solving skills
[tg_promo_box title=”” bgcolor=”#ffffff” fontcolor=”#0e6dbe” bordercolor=”#0e6dbe” button_text=”Download” button_url=”http://tallships.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Young-People-First-brochure.pdf” buttoncolor=”#ec6b16″]For more information, download our Young People First leaflet[/tg_promo_box]