Highlights from 2014/15
Another Successful Year!
We’ve had another busy and successful year including:
- Number of young people +13%
- Two year pilot for unemployed young people completed - 95% going into employment, education or training - voyage identified as a key catalyst for changes in young people’s skills, attitudes and behaviour
- Sales and marketing initiatives delivering increases in fleet income year on year including +8% in 2014/15
- Fundraising income from individuals and grant making trusts +4%
- Additional vessel valued at £65,000 received as a gift
- Volunteers donated over 113,000 hours during the year
You can read the full 2014/15 highlights here.
Meanwhile, after operating Stavros for 15 years we’ve just had to spend £350,000 on dry docking and essential repairs, maintenance and equipment (MCA and Lloyds requirements) - and we’re now coming up for mini refits on the Challengers which will mean replacing the engines.
This means our funds are particularly depleted at the moment. So our next challenge is to raise more bursary funds for disadvantaged and disabled young people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to sail with us.
Will you support our 2015 Cash Appeal? – 20 people donating £10 funds a bursary for another young person.